Sunday, June 24, 2012

in search of a multifunctional casual shoe

My wardrobe varies considerably from day to day, but it's almost always towards the casual side. I never wear a suit and rarely wear a sport coat. I usually wear slacks and a dress shirt. I sometimes wear chinos. I'll occasionally wear denim. So I'm always on the lookout for versatile casual shoes. Here are a few examples I've been thinking of recently.  

Allen Edmonds Stewart

Simple. Masculine. I think this is an excellent choice for chinos and denim.  







Allen Edmonds Finch 

Classic and fun.





 Alden Indy Boot 

This would fill a big gap in my collection. I could really use a boot, and this is a classic, gorgeous example.  





Allen Edmonds McTavish

 I like this shoe a lot. I like the black, but am not sure of the versatility. I prefer brown for casual shoes, but the natural wax is a bit light for my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment